VAW Systems is an international leader in the design and manufacturing of noise control products and filtration systems for fans and gas turbines. We have an over 40-year history of supplying high quality products for customers around the world.
VAW Systems is pleased to offer our employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage and employer paid premiums. We also provide a company matched RRSP program, Employee Assistance Program, on the job training and potential for advancement within our organization.
If you are interested in joining our team, please check-out the following opportunities:
(A) Sales / Application Engineering
VAW is currently seeking an energetic and driven individual to fill the role of Sales / Application Engineering. Working with our Sales team in Winnipeg, this individual will be responsible for providing product design solutions for our customer’s noise control requirements. The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment, is an independent self-starter, and strives for excellence.
- Assist consulting engineers, acoustical consultants and sales representatives with the application and selection of a wide range of products and systems
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals for major accounts and sales representatives
- Prepare submittal/certified drawings and engineering drawings
- Strategize, negotiate and service customer orders
- Obtain a balance between satisfying customer needs with that of the need to achieve company objectives
- Manage assigned customer quotations (RFQ / RFI) under the supervision of the Sales Manager
- Facilitate Quotation / Contract Review Meetings as required
- Maintain accurate paperwork that communicates all project details and information to other departments
- Gain familiarity with market needs and trends through customer calls and industry contacts
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate would hold a degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering or a diploma in Engineering Building Design or Mechanical Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HVAC design and product selection
- Excellent English communication skills: verbal, reading comprehension, writing, negotiating and listening
- Customer and results focused, eager to learn, positive attitude and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Hands on problem solver, engaged leader and team player with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Work-related experience and knowledge of noise control and industrial/commercial fans an asset
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, MS Office
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems
VAW is currently seeking an energetic and talented individual to fill the role of Designer. Working with our Engineering team in Winnipeg, this individual will be responsible for designing and creating detailed manufacturing drawings of our custom equipment. The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment, is an independent self-starter, and strives for excellence.
- Interpret customer specifications
- Develop and document design concepts
- Create manufacturing drawing packages, including: assembly & part drawings, flat pattern development, shear lists & bill of materials
- Standardize and improve existing product designs
- Support VAW’s continuous improvement initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of product design and manufacturing design experience
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma
- Experience using AutoCAD and MS Office
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, positive attitude and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Problem-solver with the proven ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Inventor Solid Modeling software
- Experience in a sheet metal manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of building and construction standards, codes and specifications
VAW is looking for experienced Welder/Fitters to join our fast paced, safety focused, custom manufacturing facility. We have openings on our Monday to Friday evening (4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.) and midnight (12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.) shifts.
- Demonstrate welding & fitting capabilities
- Carry out welding operations, including reading blueprints and weld symbols
- Ability to create product that meets our customer’s expectations
- Position will predominately be welding, however there may be times when flexibility to perform other duties will be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have completed welding training at a vocational or technical training facility
- 3-5+ years of welding & fitting experience in a custom metal fabrication environment
- Thorough knowledge of all types of welding procedures, practices and weld symbols
- Proficient at reading blueprints
- Safety focused
- Must be organized, proactive and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace
- Must obtain all required C.W.B. tickets within 3 months (various materials & positions). VAW will facilitate the testing
- C.W.B. transferable welding tickets are an asset
- Knowledge of industrial/commercial fans, noise control and HVAC systems are assets
- Knowledge of Lean principles an asset
If you feel you are the ideal candidate that is needed for any of the above roles, please send your resume, along with a cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to: email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in VAW Systems, however only candidates who are already eligible to work in Manitoba will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.