VAW Systems is an international leader in the design and manufacturing of noise control products and filtration systems for fans and gas turbines. We have an over 40-year history of supplying high quality products for customers around the world.
VAW Systems is pleased to offer our employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage and employer paid premiums. We also provide a company matched RRSP program, Employee Assistance Program, on the job training and potential for advancement within our organization.
If you are interested in joining our team, please check-out the following opportunities:
VAW is looking for experienced Welder/Fitters to join our fast paced, safety focused, custom manufacturing facility. We have openings on our Monday to Friday evening (4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.) and midnight (12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.) shifts.
- Demonstrate welding & fitting capabilities
- Carry out welding operations, including reading blueprints and weld symbols
- Ability to create product that meets our customer’s expectations
- Position will predominately be welding, however there may be times when flexibility to perform other duties will be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have completed welding training at a vocational or technical training facility
- 3-5+ years of welding & fitting experience in a custom metal fabrication environment
- Thorough knowledge of all types of welding procedures, practices and weld symbols
- Proficient at reading blueprints
- Safety focused
- Must be organized, proactive and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace
- Must obtain all required C.W.B. tickets within 3 months (various materials & positions). VAW will facilitate the testing
- C.W.B. transferable welding tickets are an asset
- Knowledge of industrial/commercial fans, noise control and HVAC systems are assets
- Knowledge of Lean principles an asset
If you feel you are the ideal candidate that is needed for any of the above roles, please send your resume, along with a cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to: email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in VAW Systems, however only candidates who are already eligible to work in Manitoba will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.