VAW Systems flexible connectors or expansion joints provide an effective acoustical solution for fan connections that require isolation from the equipment vibration. Acoustic flexible connectors will help meet occupational noise limits for workers in close proximity to the fan equipment. Solutions include standard flexible connectors (silicone or EPDM liners), standard flexible connectors with a robust metal flow liner, or cavity pillow styles. The flow liner type connector prevents the flexible material from entering the airstream on a fan inlet and delivers significantly higher acoustic performance (Transmission Loss; dB) as compared to a standard connector. For optimal Transmission Loss, select VAW’s cavity pillow connector. All VAW flexible connectors are built with high strength steel and durable liner materials.
- Fan inlet and outlet air opening (directly mounted to the flange)
- Stack inlets
- Ducted systems
- Product type selected to suit your acoustical and system requirements
- Size matched to your fan and duct opening size and flange configuration
- Materials: carbon steel (standard)
- Operating Temperature: up to 500 deg.F (standard finish)
- Operating Pressure: -80 to +80 in.w.g. (standard)
- Lateral and axial displacement: +/- 1.0 in.
- Shipped with back bars for ease of installation
- Materials: galvanized or stainless steel
- High temperature and anti-corrosive liners
- Paint systems